Lake Washington boys cross country
Grove realized his state-championship dream by winning the Class 2A race in Pasco in 15:29.8. He placed sixth as a junior and said he learned important lessons from that meet. “He’s the best teammate I’ve ever coached,” coach Neil Hanson said.
- Purple Heart plant bed vandalized days before Memorial Day
- Central District’s shrinking black community wonders what’s next
- Refusal in Bernie Sandersland to accept reality is really unreal
- Boeing tankers will be delivered to Air Force late — and incomplete
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
Most Read Stories
Lakeside girls cross country
Everyone wondered who the new queen in Class 3A would be this season after big graduation losses. Masterson stepped up to take the crown, winning the state race in 17:49.83. “She was brave, resolute and performed with incredible drive and commitment,” coach Sally Revere said
Glacier Peak girls cross country team
The Grizzlies showed their depth in repeating as the Class 3A state champions. Last year, they had two of the top three individual finishers, but this time they ran more as a pack, led by senior Megan Davis, who placed 12th.