Arizpe zipped through the 126-pound classification at the elite Pacific Coast Championships, pinning three of his five opponents. He came in seeded No. 2, then beat the No. 1 seed in the championship match, 10-8, to improve to 23-0 on the season. “He is a fiery competitor that works hard and has high aspirations for himself,” coach Mike Bressler said.
- Who do post-Combine mock drafts have the Seahawks selecting?
- Belltown ticket trap turns drivers into 'sitting ducks'
- Microsoft pair claim 'hostess bar' expense queries led to firing
- Seattle's new seawall also a highway for fish
- Slugger Nelson Cruz makes strong first impression with Mariners
Most Read Stories
Bellevue girls basketball
She’s just a 5-foot-9 junior, but Steward stood tall when the Wolverines needed her last week. She scored their final five points as they held on to win the championship game of the MaxPreps Holiday Classic, 51-50, and was named tourney MVP. Steward then scored 17 of her career-high 27 points in the first quarter against Davis of Yakima on Saturday.
Seattle Prep boys basketball team
Coach Michael Kelly was comfortable letting freshman Aaron Nettles take charge as the Panthers knocked off then-No. 3 O’Dea, 50-46. It was Nettles’ three-pointer with 28 seconds left that gave Prep its first lead of the game. It was his fourth three-pointer of the game as he finished with a game-high 16 points.