Josh MartinBothell boys basketball
The Cougars’ big man enjoyed his biggest night in an 81-73 victory over Woodinville, pouring in 44 points. He added 21 rebounds, 11 on the offensive end. The 6-foot-9 senior, who has signed with Minnesota, made 16 of 26 shots from the field.
Brittany McPheeMount Rainier girls basketball
Already the most prolific scorer in school history, McPhee went off for a record 42 points to key a 69-51 win over Kentridge. She also grabbed 14 rebounds. The Stanford-bound senior also had a double-double against Kentlake with 29 points and 15 rebounds.
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Sale of Weyerhaeuser’s Federal Way campus means more intensive development
- Panthers' Cam Newton and Seahawks' Russell Wilson handled Super Bowl losses very differently
Most Read Stories
King’s girls basketball team
With the Cascade Conference lead on the line, coach Dan Taylor’s Knights posted an impressive, 72-45 victory over 2A No. 5 Cedarcrest. King’s, No. 6 in the Associated Press 1A poll, has now won six in a row to improve to 10-3 (7-0 in league play).