Josh MartinBothell boys basketball
The Cougars’ big man enjoyed his biggest night in an 81-73 victory over Woodinville, pouring in 44 points. He added 21 rebounds, 11 on the offensive end. The 6-foot-9 senior, who has signed with Minnesota, made 16 of 26 shots from the field.
Brittany McPheeMount Rainier girls basketball
Already the most prolific scorer in school history, McPhee went off for a record 42 points to key a 69-51 win over Kentridge. She also grabbed 14 rebounds. The Stanford-bound senior also had a double-double against Kentlake with 29 points and 15 rebounds.
- Nathan Hale High School juniors boycott state test
- Scientists to study the 'modern miracle' of Ozzy Osbourne's survival
- Jesse Jones is back: Seattle's superhero consumer reporter is now at KIRO 7
- Ditching Dreamliners: United buys older, cheaper planes
- Seahawks' toughness is not for everyone
Most Read Stories
King’s girls basketball team
With the Cascade Conference lead on the line, coach Dan Taylor’s Knights posted an impressive, 72-45 victory over 2A No. 5 Cedarcrest. King’s, No. 6 in the Associated Press 1A poll, has now won six in a row to improve to 10-3 (7-0 in league play).