Josh MartinBothell boys basketball
The Cougars’ big man enjoyed his biggest night in an 81-73 victory over Woodinville, pouring in 44 points. He added 21 rebounds, 11 on the offensive end. The 6-foot-9 senior, who has signed with Minnesota, made 16 of 26 shots from the field.
Brittany McPheeMount Rainier girls basketball
Already the most prolific scorer in school history, McPhee went off for a record 42 points to key a 69-51 win over Kentridge. She also grabbed 14 rebounds. The Stanford-bound senior also had a double-double against Kentlake with 29 points and 15 rebounds.
- Black Lives Matter protesters march, conduct sit-ins in downtown Seattle
- Turkey’s president, Putin hurl insults after plane downed
- Apple Cup Game Center: UW Huskies dominate No. 20 Cougars, shut down WSU's offense in Seattle
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Seattle sushi fans, rejoice: Shiro's new place is open
Most Read Stories
King’s girls basketball team
With the Cascade Conference lead on the line, coach Dan Taylor’s Knights posted an impressive, 72-45 victory over 2A No. 5 Cedarcrest. King’s, No. 6 in the Associated Press 1A poll, has now won six in a row to improve to 10-3 (7-0 in league play).