Garfield boys basketball
Isabell scored 34 of his season-high 47 points in the second half of an 85-66 semifinal win over Las Vegas High School in the Las Vegas Prep Championship. A Washington State signee, Isabell hit 9 of 12 three-pointers and grabbed nine rebounds for the Bulldogs, who trailed at halftime.
“He was doing it all,” coach Ed Haskins said. Garfield beat Valley on Monday to win the tournament.
- Evergreen senior’s death, other player injuries renew football-safety debate
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Clay Matthews tells Colin Kaepernick: ‘You ain’t Russell Wilson, bro’
- Seahawks Game Center: Seattle holds off Detroit Lions for 'Monday Night Football' victory
- Reaction: National media reacts to controversial call on Kam Chancellor-forced fumble in Seahawks-Lions game
Most Read Stories
Cedar Park Christian girls basketball
Goodnight had a monster game Saturday in a 53-48 win over Episcopal (Texas) in the Surf ‘N Slam tournament in San Diego. The 6-foot-1 senior scored 25 points, grabbed 17 rebounds and blocked five shots en route to helping Cedar Park Christian of Bothell to a second-place finish.
Jackson boys basketball team
Brian Zehr’s game-winning three-pointer in the semifinals will go down as the moment people remember, but the Timberwolves of Mill Creek made a national name for themselves last week by advancing to the championship game of the prestigious MaxPreps Holiday Classic. Jackson was attempting to be the first non-California team to win the event late Monday night against Capital Christian (Sacramento, Calif.).