Garfield boys basketball
Isabell scored 34 of his season-high 47 points in the second half of an 85-66 semifinal win over Las Vegas High School in the Las Vegas Prep Championship. A Washington State signee, Isabell hit 9 of 12 three-pointers and grabbed nine rebounds for the Bulldogs, who trailed at halftime.
“He was doing it all,” coach Ed Haskins said. Garfield beat Valley on Monday to win the tournament.
- School board rebukes Bellevue football program; possible two-year ban for coach Butch Goncharoff
- How the Seahawks got two first-round picks in the NFL draft
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
- The hidden homeless: families in the suburbs
Most Read Stories
Cedar Park Christian girls basketball
Goodnight had a monster game Saturday in a 53-48 win over Episcopal (Texas) in the Surf ‘N Slam tournament in San Diego. The 6-foot-1 senior scored 25 points, grabbed 17 rebounds and blocked five shots en route to helping Cedar Park Christian of Bothell to a second-place finish.
Jackson boys basketball team
Brian Zehr’s game-winning three-pointer in the semifinals will go down as the moment people remember, but the Timberwolves of Mill Creek made a national name for themselves last week by advancing to the championship game of the prestigious MaxPreps Holiday Classic. Jackson was attempting to be the first non-California team to win the event late Monday night against Capital Christian (Sacramento, Calif.).