Big games bring out the best in Gaskin, a junior running back. Gaskin sparked the 63-45 victory over No. 6 Eastside Catholic as he rushed for 309 yards on 22 carries and scored five TDs (43, 80, 37, 1 and 32 yards).
- Shell icebreaker begins journey after protesters removed from Portland bridge
- Surviving Seattle’s sidewalks: Pedestrian rage rises as the population grows
- Silence deafening as Russell Wilson deadline for extension nears
- Haggen cuts worker hours in Seattle area
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
Most Read Stories
The senior put up impressive numbers in a pair of 3-1 victories. She smashed 36 kills against Mariner to go along with 20 digs and seven aces. She followed with 34 kills, one ace, 17 digs and two blocks against Arlington.
Coach Steve Valach said it had been a couple of years since the Patriots had a win as big as last Friday’s 35-28 triumph over Mercer Island. Junior Russell Boston led the way with 208 yards rushing.