Big games bring out the best in Gaskin, a junior running back. Gaskin sparked the 63-45 victory over No. 6 Eastside Catholic as he rushed for 309 yards on 22 carries and scored five TDs (43, 80, 37, 1 and 32 yards).
- Purple Heart plant bed vandalized days before Memorial Day
- Refusal in Bernie Sandersland to accept reality is really unreal
- Central District’s shrinking black community wonders what’s next
- Boeing tankers will be delivered to Air Force late — and incomplete
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
Most Read Stories
The senior put up impressive numbers in a pair of 3-1 victories. She smashed 36 kills against Mariner to go along with 20 digs and seven aces. She followed with 34 kills, one ace, 17 digs and two blocks against Arlington.
Coach Steve Valach said it had been a couple of years since the Patriots had a win as big as last Friday’s 35-28 triumph over Mercer Island. Junior Russell Boston led the way with 208 yards rushing.