The Seamount League race heats up Friday when rivals Lindbergh (5-0, 3-0) and Renton (3-2, 2-0) square off at Renton Stadium. And both still have to play Kennedy Catholic (2-3, 2-0), which edged Hazen 32-24 last Friday. Renton gets Kennedy next week (and still has Hazen to come), while the Lindbergh-Kennedy matchup comes in the final round of the regular season.
Renton features the explosive Ernie Davis, who is a threat to score every time he touches the ball.
Eastlake to test Woodinville
Newport has been the only team to beat — and really challenge — Woodinville this season. Eastlake should be the next team to make sure Woodinville doesn’t get comfortable. After back-to-back losses to Skyline and Bothell in Weeks 3 and 4, Eastlake is looking to get back on a winning streak.
- Female tiger killed by mating partner at Sacramento Zoo
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Amid Zika fears, local family shares the reality of microcephaly
- Seahawks sign CFL receiver Jeff Fuller and running back Cameron Marshall
- Nigerian suicide bomber gets cold feet, refuses to kill
Most Read Stories
Glacier Peak in tough
4A Bothell (4-1) takes on 3A No. 7 Glacier Peak (5-0) this Friday. Glacier Peak will have to find an answer for Sam McPherson, who has been a huge impact player for Bothell.
Blanchet won’t have it easy
Bishop Blanchet has shut out every team it’s played with the exception of 13 points allowed in the win over Lakeside. The smallest margin of victory was by 43 points in the Braves’ shutout over Ballard in Week 1. O’Dea will be the first team to truly test Blanchet.
Sandy Ringer and Kaelyn Sayles