Barry Johnson pleaded not guilty Tuesday to communicating with a minor for immoral purposes. Johnson resigned as Lake Washington's boys basketball coach three months after a female student accused him of sexual harassment.
Former Lake Washington boys basketball coach Barry Johnson, who was charged with communicating with a minor for immoral purposes April 3, pleaded not guilty during his arraignment Tuesday.
A female student accused the 38-year-old coach of sexual harassment Dec. 13, and Johnson was placed on administrative leave the same day. Johnson, who also worked as an instructional assistant at the school, resigned March 13.
Johnson has a hearing set for June 4.
Mason Kelley: 206-464-8277 or email@example.com
- WWU cancels classes Tuesday after racial threats on social media
- Seahawks re-sign Bryce Brown in Marshawn Lynch’s absence
- Report: Seahawks’ Marshawn Lynch has surgery Wednesday, could be back by late December
- Like Marshawn Lynch, Seahawks’ Thomas Rawls craves contact
- Seahawks ramblings: What got Cary Williams benched?