Barry Johnson pleaded not guilty Tuesday to communicating with a minor for immoral purposes. Johnson resigned as Lake Washington's boys basketball coach three months after a female student accused him of sexual harassment.
Former Lake Washington boys basketball coach Barry Johnson, who was charged with communicating with a minor for immoral purposes April 3, pleaded not guilty during his arraignment Tuesday.
A female student accused the 38-year-old coach of sexual harassment Dec. 13, and Johnson was placed on administrative leave the same day. Johnson, who also worked as an instructional assistant at the school, resigned March 13.
Johnson has a hearing set for June 4.
Mason Kelley: 206-464-8277 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- Seattle-based seafood company shuts down
- What's the top spelling 'mistake' in Washington state? The answer could make you sick
- UW receiver Isaiah Renfro opens up about depression, announces he's leaving team
- Dead whale found on bow of cruise ship in Alaska