Barry Johnson pleaded not guilty Tuesday to communicating with a minor for immoral purposes. Johnson resigned as Lake Washington's boys basketball coach three months after a female student accused him of sexual harassment.
Former Lake Washington boys basketball coach Barry Johnson, who was charged with communicating with a minor for immoral purposes April 3, pleaded not guilty during his arraignment Tuesday.
A female student accused the 38-year-old coach of sexual harassment Dec. 13, and Johnson was placed on administrative leave the same day. Johnson, who also worked as an instructional assistant at the school, resigned March 13.
Johnson has a hearing set for June 4.
Mason Kelley: 206-464-8277 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- School board rebukes Bellevue football program; possible two-year ban for coach Butch Goncharoff
- The hidden homeless: families in the suburbs
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- How the Seahawks got two first-round picks in the NFL draft
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote