Barry Johnson pleaded not guilty Tuesday to communicating with a minor for immoral purposes. Johnson resigned as Lake Washington's boys basketball coach three months after a female student accused him of sexual harassment.
Former Lake Washington boys basketball coach Barry Johnson, who was charged with communicating with a minor for immoral purposes April 3, pleaded not guilty during his arraignment Tuesday.
A female student accused the 38-year-old coach of sexual harassment Dec. 13, and Johnson was placed on administrative leave the same day. Johnson, who also worked as an instructional assistant at the school, resigned March 13.
Johnson has a hearing set for June 4.
Mason Kelley: 206-464-8277 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- USC fires head coach Steve Sarkisian, former UW Huskies coach
- Seahawks coach Pete Carroll on Steve Sarkisian: ‘It breaks my heart’
- Seahawks’ Pete Carroll ‘baffled’ after late collapse vs. Bengals
- McMenamins Anderson School opens Thursday in Bothell
- Time for Seahawks to accept that Marshawn Lynch may go from Beast Mode to Decreased Mode