Five questions with Auburn Riverside senior guard Derrick Brown, who is averaging 26.0 points per game through five contests. He scored a season-high 34 against Capital of Olympia on Dec. 2.
Q: How would you describe your style of play?
Brown: I look at myself as a Chris Paul and a Jamal Crawford type of player. I’ve got Jamal Crawford’s scoring mentality, humble mindset and Chris Paul’s passing ability. I have (Kobe Bryant’s) mindset, Jamal Crawford’s scoring ability and Chris Paul’s passing.
Q: What is your best basketball memory?
- After embarrassment, Seattle finds public toilet that's just right
- NFL.com says Seahawks have most talented roster in league, and speculate on starting lineup
- Seattle's best restaurants? Classics revisited
- Couple missing 2 weeks in California drank rain, ate oranges
- Five Seahawks players to watch during OTAs
Most Read Stories
Brown: My best basketball memory is when I scored 49 points last year (against Kentridge).
Q: What do you hope to accomplish this season?
Brown: Take my team to the state championship. It is a huge goal, not only for me, but for my team. It’s a dream that we’ve been working all summer. … I believe that we can do it. Not only I, but we believe that we can do it.
Q: Where are you looking to play next season?
Brown: My main interest is Gonzaga, but the letters I’ve got are from the University of Dallas, Chicago, PLU.
Q: What’s your favorite part of game days?
Brown: I like on game days, I’m always with my team. We’re always a team, and I’m ready to go to war.