Olivia Bannerot, Molly Mattheis and Maddison Ward placed one-two-three in the all-around, leading the defending state champions to a team title.
DES MOINES — Enumclaw’s drive to another gymnastics state championship is off to an impressive start.
Olivia Bannerot, Molly Mattheis and Maddison Ward placed one-two-three in the all-around, leading the defending state champions to the team title in the SPSL 3A/2A Championships on Saturday at Mount Rainier High School.
Enumclaw’s season-high 175.25 points far outdistanced runner-up Decatur (164.575). Both teams advanced to regionals.
Bannerot scored 36.5 points to take the all-around crown. She was state runner-up and Ward was third last year.
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- Purple Heart plant bed vandalized days before Memorial Day
- Refusal in Bernie Sandersland to accept reality is really unreal
- Central District’s shrinking black community wonders what’s next
- All’s still not smooth for Uber after its bumpy ride to Sea-Tac Airport
Most Read Stories
Bannerot also won on vault (9.6), floor (9.6) and bars (8.7). Matthies won on beam (9.4).
At Mount Rainier High School, CaroLyne Schmidt won on vault (9.7) and bars (8.85), helping Emerald Ridge survive a challenge from Puyallup, Jefferson and Kentlake to win the team championship. Three Emerald Ridge girls placed in the top five in all-around. Kentlake’s Ashley Pernell was the all-around winner (36.675) and also won on beam. Monica Church of Jefferson won on floor (9.65) and her twin Shelby Church was fourth in all-around.