The schedule and swimmers to watch at the state boys championships Friday and Saturday in Federal Way.
At King County Aquatic Center
Friday: 3A swim and dive prelims at 2:30 p.m., 4A prelims at 6:15 p.m., 2A prelims at 9:45 a.m.
Saturday: 3A finals at 2:30 p.m., 4A finals at 6:30 p.m., 2A finals at 10 a.m.
Three to watch
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- So the NRA sends a questionnaire to a Seattle state senator ...
- What's the top spelling 'mistake' in Washington state? The answer could make you sick
- 6 ways to befriend your bones and fend off osteoporosis
- Refusal in Bernie Sandersland to accept reality is really unreal
Most Read Stories
EDWARD KIM, Eastlake: Junior has won four individual 4A titles and is trying to land two more. He’s in 50 freestyle, 100 butterfly and two relays.
THANE MAUDSLIEN, Kennedy Catholic: Arizona-bound senior is looking to win fourth consecutive 3A title in 100 fly.
CHASE BUBLITZ, Kentridge: Junior won two titles last year and is looking to capture two new ones (100 free, 200 free).
Kamiak, behind John Stupey and Liam Sosinsky, is trying to reclaim the 4A team championship after winning it in 2011. Among the contenders are Gig Harbor, defending champion Stadium and Newport.
Mercer Island is trying to recapture its 3A team title after watching a six-year streak come to an end last year, when Lakeside won it. The Islanders, who will rely on depth more than ever, also must contend with Bellevue.
Sehome has won every 2A team title since separating from 3A in 2009. Archbishop Murphy, behind Alec and Austin Barnard, could challenge.
More info: wiaa.com