The Titans won for the sixth time in seven games as Juwan Flowers and Trey Burch-Manning scored 17 points apiece.
Juwan Flowers and Trey Burch-Manning scored 17 points apiece as Beamer won for the sixth time in seven boys basketball games, beating Olympia 60-54 Monday at the King Holiday Hoopfest at Brougham Pavilion.
The recent hot stretch for the Titans (12-5) includes an upset of Federal Way, then ranked No. 2 in Class 4A. Their only loss in that stretch was against No. 5 Curtis last week.
Mitch Fettig’s layup for Olympia with three minutes left cut Beamer’s lead to 51-50. But Flowers answered with five of his 17 points and Bogdon Bliznyuk (17.3 per game) scored four of his eight in the final two minutes for Beamer, which shot 51 percent overall.
Brendan Leonard led Olympia with 16 points while Michael Champlin added 14.
- Black Lives Matter protesters march, have sit-ins in Seattle
- Game thread: Huskies dominate Cougars in Apple Cup
- For UW, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough
- Swarming defense, Myles Gaskin helps UW rout WSU in Apple Cup
- Bill Gates to commit billions for clean energy