Southwest Washington schools again got a sweep of girls bowling state team championships for the second consecutive year.
UNIVERSITY PLACE — Southwest Washington schools again got a sweep of girls bowling state team championships on Saturday at Narrows Plaza Lanes.
Battle Ground repeated as Class 4A champion, finishing the two-day tournament with 8,052 pins. Cascade of Everett was a distant second with 7,192 in the eight-team event.
Defending champ Mark Morris of Longview won the 3A/2A/1A title with 7,694 pins, edging runner-up Timberline (7,547) and third-place R.A. Long (7,534).
Individual state championships were settled Friday. Madison Crockett of Vancouver’s Skyview won the 4A title, and Janaye Kilgore of Mark Morris repeated as 3A/2A/1A champ.
- Capitol Hill light-rail station nearly ready for trains to rumble
- Marymoor Park concerts: Full lineup announced
- Historically black Central District could be less than 10% black in a decade
- Nelson Cruz's home run in ninth inning lifts Mariners to sweep of Rays
- Kyle Seager saves Mariners, 7-6, in 10 innings