Rain forced postponement of the defending state champion Wildcats' semifinal game until Saturday in Yakima.
YAKIMA — Archbishop Murphy’s bid for a second consecutive state baseball championship was delayed Friday, as rain-soaked fields forced postponement of the Class 2A semifinals.
The top-ranked Wildcats (23-2) from Everett will play unranked Tumwater (17-7) at 4 p.m. Saturday at Yakima County Stadium. Third-ranked W.F. West (21-3) of Chehalis and No. 7 Clarkston (18-4) play at 7 p.m. in the other semifinal.
The championship game has been rescheduled for 7 p.m. Sunday.
The 1A baseball semifinals at County Stadium were also pushed back to Saturday, and the 2B and 1B softball tournaments in Yakima were also postponed.
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Infections are the culprit in Alzheimer’s disease, Harvard study suggests
- Bellevue School District seeks to fire football coach Goncharoff over scandal
- 1,000 fraternity, sorority members trash Lake Shasta campsite