Rain forced postponement of the defending state champion Wildcats' semifinal game until Saturday in Yakima.
YAKIMA — Archbishop Murphy’s bid for a second consecutive state baseball championship was delayed Friday, as rain-soaked fields forced postponement of the Class 2A semifinals.
The top-ranked Wildcats (23-2) from Everett will play unranked Tumwater (17-7) at 4 p.m. Saturday at Yakima County Stadium. Third-ranked W.F. West (21-3) of Chehalis and No. 7 Clarkston (18-4) play at 7 p.m. in the other semifinal.
The championship game has been rescheduled for 7 p.m. Sunday.
The 1A baseball semifinals at County Stadium were also pushed back to Saturday, and the 2B and 1B softball tournaments in Yakima were also postponed.
- UW, Alaska Airlines agree to naming-rights deal for Husky Stadium's field
- Wife upset dad disappointed in baby's gender
- A couple thoughts on Fred Jackson, Kam Chancellor and the Seahawks
- Seahawks preseason awards: MVPs, surprises, disappointments, toughest roster calls
- Seattle teachers vote to strike if agreement isn’t reached