Zander Clouse pitched a complete-game three-hitter and drove in the game's only two runs to lead Archbishop Murphy to a 2-0 win over Clarkston...
YAKIMA — Zander Clouse pitched a complete-game three-hitter and drove in the game’s only two runs to lead Archbishop Murphy to a 2-0 win over Clarkston in the Class 2A state baseball tournament third-place game Sunday.
Clouse, who doubled in the Wildcats’ two runs in the first, struck out 10 and walked three, and Archbishop Murphy’s defense helped him out with a pair of double plays. Clouse only allowed one Clarkston runner to reach third.
Archbishop Murphy, which won the title in 2012, finished 24-3. Clarkston ended its season at 18-6.
W.F. West won the 2A title, beating Tumwater 12-0.
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Update: Seahawks' Jimmy Graham suffers right knee injury vs. Steelers, will miss rest of season
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- Seattle Seahawks’ swagger, hopes for playoffs are back after they slam door on Pittsburgh Steelers
- Suspected burglar dies after getting stuck in chimney
Most Read Stories
Cashmere beat Montesano, 8-4, for the 1A crown.
Senior Jayce Ray capped his UW career by going 4 for 4 with three runs batted in as Washington wrapped up the 2013 season with a 7-2 win over 19th-ranked Arizona State (25-20-1, 16-14 Pac-12) at Husky Ballpark.
The Huskies (24-23, 15-15 Pac-12) finished tied for fifth in the Pac-12.
UW reliever Tyler Kane (2-2) pitched 2-2/3 innings for the victory, allowing one run on one hit.
• Ryan Barnes delivered a two-out, run-scoring single in the bottom of the ninth as No. 3 Oregon State won 7-6 over Washington State in Corvallis, Ore.
Barnes’ game-winning hit came off Washington State (23-32, 9-21 Pac-12) reliever J.D. Leckenby (2-4).
The Beavers (45-10, 24-6 Pac-12) clinched the Pac-12 title earlier in the day when Oregon lost at Utah.
Team reports contributed to this article.