YAKIMA — John Lyon struck out eight and walked just one in a complete-game performance as Lake Washington beat Tumwater, 10-1, on Friday in the Class 2A state baseball semifinals at Yakima County Stadium.
Lake Washington will face Ellensburg at 4 p.m. Saturday for the 2A championship. Ellensburg advanced to the final with a 6-3 victory over Anacortes. Ceanu Strom was 3 for 3 and Garret Hull notched the win with 61/3 strong innings for Ellensburg.
Lyon gave up just two hits and never was in serious trouble after the Kangaroos blew the game open with a four-run fourth inning. He didn’t give up the first Tumwater hit until the fifth inning.
Connor Johnson went 2 for 3 for Lake Washington, and Lyon and Karsen Rogers each finished 2 for 4 with two RBI. Jordan LaFave also plated two runs for LW.
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- What's the top spelling 'mistake' in Washington state? The answer could make you sick
- So the NRA sends a questionnaire to a Seattle state senator ...
- 6 ways to befriend your bones and fend off osteoporosis
- UW receiver Isaiah Renfro opens up about depression, announces he's leaving team
Most Read Stories
Leading 2-0 in the fourth, LW needed just two hits to score its four runs, aided by four hit batters, a walk and a wild pitch.