YAKIMA — John Lyon struck out eight and walked just one in a complete-game performance as Lake Washington beat Tumwater, 10-1, on Friday in the Class 2A state baseball semifinals at Yakima County Stadium.
Lake Washington will face Ellensburg at 4 p.m. Saturday for the 2A championship. Ellensburg advanced to the final with a 6-3 victory over Anacortes. Ceanu Strom was 3 for 3 and Garret Hull notched the win with 61/3 strong innings for Ellensburg.
Lyon gave up just two hits and never was in serious trouble after the Kangaroos blew the game open with a four-run fourth inning. He didn’t give up the first Tumwater hit until the fifth inning.
Connor Johnson went 2 for 3 for Lake Washington, and Lyon and Karsen Rogers each finished 2 for 4 with two RBI. Jordan LaFave also plated two runs for LW.
- Pursuit of big-money contract comes at a cost for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson
- Whitest big county in the U.S.? It’s us
- Ticket prices soar, then drop for World Cup
- As Puget Sound sweats, few air conditioners are cooling us down
- Kent family mourns loss of father, two sons in Father’s Day weekend crash
Most Read Stories
Leading 2-0 in the fourth, LW needed just two hits to score its four runs, aided by four hit batters, a walk and a wild pitch.