High School football kicked off Thursday night in Washington, and with it the Seattle Times’ 2014 preseason All-State Football Team.
We picked 13 players on offense, 13 players on defense with assistance from coaches, the knowledge of our longtime preps reporter Sandy Ringer and by checking out sports scouting websites.
We’ll follow these athletes throughout the season and update you on their performances and whether they’re getting recruited, or if they have committed to play college football.
The table below has all of our players, and you can scroll down on the right hand side to see all of them. The youngest is Foster Sarell from Graham-Kapowsin. He’s a sophomore who is drumming up plenty of Division I interest.
- Win over USC puts UW’s coaching upgrade (Chris Petersen over Steve Sarkisian) on full display
- Lloyd McClendon will not return as Mariners' manager
- Expect traffic delays when Obama visits Seattle Friday afternoon
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Obama visits Seattle for fundraisers; traffic not as bad as expected