QB, 6-2, 170, Jr., King’s
Second-year starter led team to state quarterfinals as a sophomore.
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Bellevue School District seeks to fire football coach Goncharoff over scandal
- Boeing tankers will be delivered to Air Force late — and incomplete
- Paul Allen ends KEXP’s yearslong fundraising drive with $500,000 donation
- A six-pack of observations from Seahawks' OTAs: Justin Britt, Alex Collins, Tharold Simon and more
Most Read Stories
RB/S 5-10, 185, Sr., Lakewood
Rushed for 337 yards, had 156 yards receiving and also registered 43 tackles.
LB, 6-4, 245, Sr., Archbishop Murphy
A cog in an experienced, hungry returning defense.
QB/LB, 6-0, 225, Jr., Archbishop Murphy
Tries to lead the Wildcats back to the top of the hill.
QB/S 6-1 190 Sr., Lakewood
Threw for 1,138 yards with 15 touchdowns and two interceptions. Also rushed for 769 yards.
TE/DL, 6-5, 205, So., King’s
Though just a sophomore, a leader on both sides of the ball.
OL/DL, 6-1, 275, Sr., South Whidbey
A handful up front, he was an all-conference selection as a junior.
QB, 6-3, 220, Sr., Sultan
As Bonilla goes, so goes Sultan, a slinger in the Wing-T.
THE STORY LINES
Small schools, big names
It might be a 2A/1A league, but that hasn’t kept former UW and NFL player Jerry Jensen from entering his second season at the Archbishop Murphy helm, or former Idaho, Washington and Wyoming coach Chris Tormey from taking the reins at South Whidbey.
First time the charm?
Cedar Park Christian joins the Cascade Conference for its first go-round in a new league.
Who’s on top?
King’s got the lions share of first-place votes, but defending champ Lakewood and rebounding Archbishop Murphy are in the hunt.
THE CAN’T-MISS GAMES
Sept. 19: Archbishop Murphy vs. Lakewood, 7 p.m., ATM (Everett)
• First of back-to-back testers for Cougars.
Sept. 26: Lakewood vs. King’s, 7 p.m., Lakewood
• An early indication will go long way in determining league outcome.
Oct. 24: Archbishop Murphy vs. King’s, 7 p.m., ATM (Everett)
• Rivalry game could determine Cascade champion if Wildcats rebound.
Predicted order of finish for the Cascade League, based on a survey of league coaches, with 10 points for first-place vote, nine for second, etc. (first-place votes in parentheses). Coaches not allowed to vote for their own teams.
School, 2013, Points (1st-place votes)
1. King’s, 9-3, 68 (5)
2. Lakewood, 9-1, 64 (2)
3. Archbishop Murphy, 3-6, 55 (1)
4. Cedarcrest, 3-7, 54
5. South Whidbey, 6-5, 42
6. Sultan, 5-5, 41
7. Cedar Park Christian, 5-5, 39
8. Granite Falls, 1-9, 29