QB, 6-5, 210, Jr., Lake Stevens
Improved footwork makes Georgia commit even more dangerous.
- WSU study: 'Exploding head syndrome' more common than once thought
- Oregon Zoo elephant Rama euthanized; loved to paint
- Ivar's to raise restaurant workers' wages to $15 right away
- Orca baby boom continues with discovery of fourth calf
- Bertha's damaged cutter head emerges from pit
Most Read Stories
QB/LB, 6-1, 235, Sr., Mount Vernon
Defensive all-conference selection past two seasons also runs the offense.
RB, 5-8, 165, Sr., Jackson
Explosive runner will carry the load for Timberwolves.
RB/DB, 5-7, 155, Sr., Mariner
Finds holes to run where others can’t.
RB/DB, 5-10, 210, Sr., Cascade
Bruins’ leading rusher as junior tries to help Cascade get back to playoffs.
Jo Jo Binda
RB/SS, 5-8, 190, Sr., Kamiak
A sparkplug running the ball, a force defending the ball.
WR/SS, 5-11, 200, Sr., Lake Stevens
Outside threat for offense that should sling it all over the field.
QB/DB, 6-2, 200, Sr., Monroe
Experienced backfield runner set to get Bulldogs back to the top.
OL/DL, 6-5, 260, Jr., Cascade
Talented player was all-conference selection as sophomore on offense.
THE STORY LINES
Single league, less opportunity
The league no longer is split into divisions. That means two playoff berths instead of three.
Injury issues have plagued Lake Stevens in recent years, but the Vikings are poised for success in 2014.
The Bruins won nine games and made the playoffs a year ago, but can interim coach Eric Dinwiddie get Cascade back to the top?
THE CAN’T-MISS GAMES
Sept. 12: Marysville-Pilchuck at Lake Stevens, 7 p.m.
• Nonleague, but features top Division I prospects on teams expected to win 4A, 3A leagues.
Sept. 19: Lake Stevens at Mount Vernon, 7 p.m.
• First league game for top two contenders.
Oct. 24: Lake Stevens at Kamiak, 7 p.m.
• Knights wait until final league contest to get their shot at the favorite.
Predicted order of finish in the WesCo 4A League, based on a survey of league coaches, with 10 points for first-place vote, nine for second, etc. (first-place votes in parentheses). Coaches not allowed to vote for their own teams.
School, 2013, Points (first-place votes)
1. Lake Stevens, 6-4, 70 (7)
2. Mount Vernon, 7-3, 59 (1)
3. Kamiak, 6-4, 56
4. Jackson, 5-5, 55
5. Cascade, 9-2, 47
6. Monroe, 4-6, 39
7. Mariner, 1-7, 36
8. Snohomish,1-9, 35