Lake Stevens football
You’d never know Eason was a 15-year-old sophomore with the maturity he showed in rallying the Vikings to a 53-49 victory over No. 7 Edmonds-Woodway in the WesCo 4A championship game. He completed 27 of 50 passes for 507 yards and six touchdowns, including the game-winner with 38 seconds to play.
- Woman knocked unconscious by falling drone during Seattle's Pride parade
- Residents return to ‘war zone’ in wake of Wenatchee wildfire
- Nurse dies from injuries in attack near CenturyLink Field
- How ISIS methodically groomed a lonely young Wash. state woman
- Lake City residents fight to regain use of now-private beach
Most Read Stories
Mount Si volleyball
Carr put her game in high gear as the Wildcats knocked off second-ranked Mercer Island in the title match of the KingCo 3A tournament, 3-2. She put together 21 kills, 13 digs, 13 assists and five aces – and served six straight points to give her team the lead in the fifth set.
Hazen girls soccer team
A win over Kenendy Catholic, sole ownership of the Seamount League title – both had been a long time coming for the Highlanders. But Ken Matthews’ crew accomplished both last week. The 3-0 victory over Kennedy was the school’s first since 1999. Hazen then beat Tyee 8-0 to earn the outright championship for the first time since 1992.