Amos Daigbe, Kent-Meridian wrestling
The athletic sophomore didn’t back down when he met a familiar foe in the championship match of the Class 4A Region III tournament. After losing to Kentridge senior Zach Seibel twice during the season – including the week before at sub-regionals – Daigbe came through with a 7-6 victory and advances to state as a No. 1 seed.
Marisa Savage, Woodinville gymnastics
Savage, a sophomore, led the Falcons to the team title at the 4A District 2-4 meet, earning all-around honors with a 37.35 score – including a dazzling 9.6 on the uneven parallel bars, good for first place. She was third on balance beam (9.275), tied for third on floor exercise (9.325) and placed fifth on the vault (9.15).
- To retire at 55 takes big savings
- 2 young boys suffer 'significant' injuries in explosion in Enumclaw
- FBI, police investigating Seattle officer in violent 2010 incident
- B-boys to Balkan, the Northwest Folklife Festival is under way
- Car strikes 3 at Sasquatch festival; 1 serious injury
Most Read Stories
Kamiak boys swimming and diving team
The Knights, coached by Chris Erickson, swept seven of 12 events to capture their seventh consecutive 4A District 1 championship. They amassed 661 points to easily outdistance second-place Lake Stevens (475.5). Eben Schumann and Henry Limm each won two individual events and were on two winning relays.