The Green Bay wide receiver is fed up with getting his personal space invaded during his Lambeau Leaps.
It pays to look before you Lambeau Leap.
So says receiver Greg Jennings, a seventh-year Packer who’s taken 21 of those signature jumps into the arms of Green Bay fans in the Lambeau Field stands after scoring a touchdown there.
“I try to go away from the men, because the men get a little grabby,” Jennings told Yahoo! Sports. “The women get grabby too, but them men — it’s like, come on, really, seriously?”
- State Supreme Court: Charter schools are unconstitutional
- Seahawks preseason awards: MVPs, surprises, disappointments, toughest roster calls
- Seahawks' 53-man roster projection: The Final One
- Seahawks agree to deal with veteran RB Fred Jackson, waive Robert Turbin
- Rookies again are impressive as Seattle beats Oakland 31-21 to end exhibition season
Most Read Stories
• At Fark.com: “Texas Tech basketball players miss the laid-back, easy-going days when Bobby Knight was coach.”
• At SportsPickle.com: “Bill Belichick offers to torture NFL refs until they accept league contract offer.”
Don’t ask, don’t tell
“Just so there’s no misunderstanding,” wrote Bob Molinaro of the Norfolk Virginian-Pilot, “I really don’t want to know how your fantasy team is doing.”
Sacks of Cash Dept.
U.S. businesses lose an estimated $6.5 billion a year in productivity from employees managing their fantasy football teams at work, according to a study by Challenger, Gray & Christmas.
Or to put it in football terms, there’s a huge loss on the play.
Coincidence? That Detroit fan who got three years’ probation for phoning in a bounty, er, bomb threat to the Louisiana Superdome during last season’s Saints-Lions playoff game was a guy named … Shawn Payton.
ESPN mainstay Chris Berman has signed a multiyear contract extension, the cable giant announced.
In terms of exact years, though, it wasn’t announced how many back-back-backs it is.
• Murray State football coach Chris Hatcher, as quoted in the Orlando (Fla.) Sentinel, refusing to assess Florida State’s national-title chances after the Seminoles beat his team 69-3: “I’m no procrastinator.”
• CBS’s David Letterman, sensing the coming of autumn in New York City: “Temperatures are dropping. Leaves are dropping. Yankees are dropping.”
• Comedian Argus Hamilton, on the newest addition to Time Warner’s cable offerings: “Australian-rules football, if you’ve never seen it, is a cross between rugby and second-degree manslaughter.”
Hype, hype, hooray
Coach Rex Ryan is calling this year’s version his best Jets squad yet.
Not to brag or anything, but that means even better than his back-to-back Super Bowl champs.
Dwight Perry: 206-464-8250 or email@example.com