The Bulldogs received seven of eight possible first-place votes in the preseason coaches poll.
Gonzaga received seven of eight possible first-place votes and was selected to win the West Coast Conference regular season title in the league’s preseason coaches poll.
Brigham Young received one first-place vote and was picked to finish second, while Saint Mary’s finished third with the other first-place vote.
No. 21 Gonzaga also had four players on the preseason All-WCC team: center Sam Dower, sophomores Gary Bell, Jr. and Kevin Pangos and senior Elias Harris.
WSGA names players of the year
- 4 Mount Rainier High teens charged in alleged gang rape on field trip
- Donate to a charity? IRS sets rules for taking deductions
- How opera, QVC and his ‘Dirty Jobs’ gig prepared Mike Rowe for the Seattle stage
- Justice Antonin Scalia dead at 79
- Examining if the Seahawks would be a good fit for Matt Forte
Most Read Stories
UW’s Chris Williams, the No. 1-ranked amateur in the world, was named the Washington State Golf Association’s Men’s Player of the Year, while Erynne Lee of Silverdale, a sophomore at UCLA, took the Women’s Player of the Year award for the fourth in five years.
Washington dropped a pair of matches Monday in the first day of the Stanford Classic at Cypress Point Golf Club in Pebble Beach, Calif., falling 10-2 to Stanford in the four-ball, “best ball” competition. In the consolation bracket, the Huskies fell 10-2 to USC in alternating-shot foursomes. UW faces Michigan in singles Tuesday.
No. 24 Washington fell at home in its second-to-last regular-season match, 1-0, to No. 7 UCLA.
• Regular-season champ Northwest University of Kirkland hosts Oregon Tech in the semifinals of the Cascade Collegiate Conference tournament on Saturday at noon.
Compiled from sports-information reports.