MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Chris Crawford and Michael Dixon Jr. had 11 points each, and No. 24 Memphis scored the final 10 of the game to beat 23rd-ranked Gonzaga 60-54 on Saturday night.
Dixon’s layup with 1:11 left came in the midst of the final rally and gave the Tigers (18-5) the lead after erasing Gonzaga’s nine-point advantage.
Shaq Goodwin and Joe Jackson had 10 points each for Memphis, which has won six of seven. Goodwin had eight rebounds and three blocks as Memphis controlled the boards 44-28.
Sam Dower led Gonzaga (21-4) with 18 points and eight rebounds, shooting 9 of 12 from the field. Przemek Karnowski and Gerard Coleman had 12 points apiece.
- Could Chris Polk be a fit for the Seahawks?
- Jesse Jones is back: Seattle's superhero consumer reporter is now at KIRO 7
- This USB cable finally could be connector for long haul
- Nathan Hale High School juniors boycott state test
- Fire destroys Bellevue auto showroom, dozens of cars
Most Read Stories
Gonzaga led 54-50 with 3:16 left when Kevin Pangos connected from 15 feet. But the Zags did not score again.
The Bulldogs, one of the best three-point shooting teams in the country at 42 percent, were 2 of 16 from outside the arc. Pangos was 1 for 7.
Pangos, Gonzaga’s leading scorer at 15.3 a game, was held to seven points.