MALIBU, Calif. — Lindsay Sherbert came off the bench to score 16 points and No. 25 Gonzaga held an opponent below 40 points for the third time, coasting to a 69-39 win over Pepperdine on Saturday.
The Bulldogs (18-3, 8-1 West Coast Conference), who won their eighth straight and 10th straight over Pepperdine, have allowed less than 50 points nine times. They outscored the Waves (5-15, 1-7) 38-16 in the second half and forced 23 turnovers.
Sunny Greinacher added 13 points and Haiden Palmer 11 for Gonzaga, which had a 37-28 rebounding advantage, including 15-6 on the offensive end.
No player reached double figures for Pepperdine, which was without leading scorer Bria Richardson (16.9) and had only eight players.
- Roads could be a mess this weekend — and Monday
- Hope Solo’s domestic-violence charges revived
- Tenants of run-down building: Owner said pay more or get out
- Parents of toddler killed in Bellevue to return to India
- Woman held on $1 million bail in death of West Seattle toddler
Most Read Stories
Gonzaga, which had a season-high 10 three-pointers, led 31-23 at halftime. The Bulldogs opened the second half with a 10-2 run, and the rout was on.