MALIBU, Calif. — Lindsay Sherbert came off the bench to score 16 points and No. 25 Gonzaga held an opponent below 40 points for the third time, coasting to a 69-39 win over Pepperdine on Saturday.
The Bulldogs (18-3, 8-1 West Coast Conference), who won their eighth straight and 10th straight over Pepperdine, have allowed less than 50 points nine times. They outscored the Waves (5-15, 1-7) 38-16 in the second half and forced 23 turnovers.
Sunny Greinacher added 13 points and Haiden Palmer 11 for Gonzaga, which had a 37-28 rebounding advantage, including 15-6 on the offensive end.
No player reached double figures for Pepperdine, which was without leading scorer Bria Richardson (16.9) and had only eight players.
- 2 people killed in Seattle-area windstorm identified
- Richard Sherman asks for Tyler Lockett-Mario Kart mashup, the internet answers
- Seahawks trade Kevin Norwood, make other moves to get roster to 75
- Chargers players upset with Frank Clark
- High winds stall firefighting efforts, fuel Tunk Block, Lime Belt fires
Most Read Stories
Gonzaga, which had a season-high 10 three-pointers, led 31-23 at halftime. The Bulldogs opened the second half with a 10-2 run, and the rout was on.