Gonzaga will play Southern in the NCAA tournament on Thursday in Salt Lake City.
Gonzaga was named a No. 1 seed in the NCAA men’s basketball tournament on Sunday.
The Bulldogs, winners of the West Coast Conference regular season and the conference tournament last week in Las Vegas, will open the tournament Thursday in Salt Lake City. They will play No. 16 seed Southern.
Gonzaga, 31-2, made the NCAA tournament for the 15th consecutive season.
Louisville, the overall No. 1 seed, is the top seed in the Midwest. Kansas is the No. 1 seed in the South, Indiana the No. 1 seed in the East.
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Clay Matthews tells Colin Kaepernick: ‘You ain’t Russell Wilson, bro’
- Watch: Former Mariners great Ichiro Suzuki pitches — yes, pitches — for the Marlins
- Gun violence: Don’t fear gun laws; let gun-owners help pay to fix the problem
- Injured Evergreen football player dies at Harborview