Gonzaga will play Southern in the NCAA tournament on Thursday in Salt Lake City.
Gonzaga was named a No. 1 seed in the NCAA men’s basketball tournament on Sunday.
The Bulldogs, winners of the West Coast Conference regular season and the conference tournament last week in Las Vegas, will open the tournament Thursday in Salt Lake City. They will play No. 16 seed Southern.
Gonzaga, 31-2, made the NCAA tournament for the 15th consecutive season.
Louisville, the overall No. 1 seed, is the top seed in the Midwest. Kansas is the No. 1 seed in the South, Indiana the No. 1 seed in the East.
- Whitest big county in the U.S.? It’s us
- Kent family mourns loss of father, two sons in Father’s Day weekend crash
- Ticket prices soar, then drop for World Cup
- As Puget Sound sweats, few air conditioners are cooling us down
- Pursuit of big-money contract comes at a cost for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson