Gonzaga will play Southern in the NCAA tournament on Thursday in Salt Lake City.
Gonzaga was named a No. 1 seed in the NCAA men’s basketball tournament on Sunday.
The Bulldogs, winners of the West Coast Conference regular season and the conference tournament last week in Las Vegas, will open the tournament Thursday in Salt Lake City. They will play No. 16 seed Southern.
Gonzaga, 31-2, made the NCAA tournament for the 15th consecutive season.
Louisville, the overall No. 1 seed, is the top seed in the Midwest. Kansas is the No. 1 seed in the South, Indiana the No. 1 seed in the East.
- UW, Alaska Airlines agree to naming-rights deal for Husky Stadium's field
- Wife upset dad disappointed in baby's gender
- State Supreme Court: Charter schools are unconstitutional
- A couple thoughts on Fred Jackson, Kam Chancellor and the Seahawks
- Seahawks preseason awards: MVPs, surprises, disappointments, toughest roster calls