Gonzaga will play Southern in the NCAA tournament on Thursday in Salt Lake City.
Gonzaga was named a No. 1 seed in the NCAA men’s basketball tournament on Sunday.
The Bulldogs, winners of the West Coast Conference regular season and the conference tournament last week in Las Vegas, will open the tournament Thursday in Salt Lake City. They will play No. 16 seed Southern.
Gonzaga, 31-2, made the NCAA tournament for the 15th consecutive season.
Louisville, the overall No. 1 seed, is the top seed in the Midwest. Kansas is the No. 1 seed in the South, Indiana the No. 1 seed in the East.
- NFL.com says Seahawks have most talented roster in league, and speculate on starting lineup
- 32 families face eviction with sale of Kirkland mobile-home park
- Microsoft employees -- past and present -- look back over the years
- Salary cap expert Joel Corry with another look at Russell Wilson's contract
- To retire at 55 takes big savings