Gonzaga will play Southern in the NCAA tournament on Thursday in Salt Lake City.
Gonzaga was named a No. 1 seed in the NCAA men’s basketball tournament on Sunday.
The Bulldogs, winners of the West Coast Conference regular season and the conference tournament last week in Las Vegas, will open the tournament Thursday in Salt Lake City. They will play No. 16 seed Southern.
Gonzaga, 31-2, made the NCAA tournament for the 15th consecutive season.
Louisville, the overall No. 1 seed, is the top seed in the Midwest. Kansas is the No. 1 seed in the South, Indiana the No. 1 seed in the East.
- Kirkland hunter defends acquaintance who killed treasured lion Cecil
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor considering training-camp holdout, source says
- Seattle baby names: We’re trying harder to stand out
- Piece of Flight MH370 might finally have surfaced