Josiah Miller of Oak Harbor ran 80 yards for a touchdown and Jake Nelson of Lake Stevens passed for two scores, leading the West to a 28-21 victory in the East-West All-Star Football Game.
EVERETT — Josiah Miller of Oak Harbor ran 80 yards for a touchdown and Jake Nelson of Lake Stevens passed for two scores, leading the West to a 28-21 victory in the East-West All-Star Football Game on Saturday at Everett Memorial Stadium.
The annual game is for graduating high school seniors.
Miller’s long run was the only touchdown in the first half.
In the second half, Nelson hit his former Lake Stevens teammate, Christian Gasca, with a 40-yard scoring pass, and connected with Taggart Krueger of Skyline on another TD strike. A short TD run by Kentlake’s Caleb Saulo put the West ahead 28-0 early in the fourth quarter.
Most Read Stories
- Scientists say recent quake swarm at Rainier doesn't signal impending eruption
- 'Polite Robber' suspect told similar sob story when arrested 8 years ago
- FBI investigating off-duty work by Seattle police at construction sites, parking garages
- Is this Seattle bus stop the worst in America?
- ‘Everyone failed him’: Boy’s aunt accused of murder, DSHS accused of ‘critical errors’
Quarterback Gaven Deyarmin of Spokane’s Central Valley threw a pair of late touchdown passes to help bring the East back.