MALIBU, Calif. — Sam Dower was perfect from the field and scored 18 points as Gonzaga bounced back from having its 22-game conference win streak snapped by routing Pepperdine in a West Coast Conference showdown, 70-53 Thursday night.
Dower converted all seven of his field-goal attempts and was 4 of 5 from the line with eight rebounds to lead the Bulldogs (15-3, 5-1 WCC). Kevin Pangos finished with 14 points for Gonzaga.
Pepperdine took a 10-5 lead on Amadi Udenui’s three-pointer early in the first half, but Kyle Dranginis gave the Zags the lead for good with a layup with 9:36 left to make it 20-18 and sparking a 21-3 run.
Stacy Davis was the lone player to score in double figures (12) for Pepperdine (11-8, 4-3).
- Tourists robbed, beaten downtown ‘afraid to go back’ to Seattle
- Animated map: How the wildfires in North Central Washington have grown over time
- Steve Sarkisian was reimbursed by Washington for hefty alcohol bills
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor holdout FAQ
- Why did the Mariners’ season go terribly wrong?
Most Read Stories
Gonzaga now has won 25 straight against the Waves and leads the all-time series 45-31.