MALIBU, Calif. — Sam Dower was perfect from the field and scored 18 points as Gonzaga bounced back from having its 22-game conference win streak snapped by routing Pepperdine in a West Coast Conference showdown, 70-53 Thursday night.
Dower converted all seven of his field-goal attempts and was 4 of 5 from the line with eight rebounds to lead the Bulldogs (15-3, 5-1 WCC). Kevin Pangos finished with 14 points for Gonzaga.
Pepperdine took a 10-5 lead on Amadi Udenui’s three-pointer early in the first half, but Kyle Dranginis gave the Zags the lead for good with a layup with 9:36 left to make it 20-18 and sparking a 21-3 run.
Stacy Davis was the lone player to score in double figures (12) for Pepperdine (11-8, 4-3).
- Expect traffic delays when Obama arrives in Seattle Friday afternoon
- US airman who thwarted French train attack stabbed in brawl
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Even in death, 'Up' house owner Edith Macefield remains a mystery
- Lloyd McClendon’s status is at the top of the new Mariners GM’s list
Most Read Stories
Gonzaga now has won 25 straight against the Waves and leads the all-time series 45-31.