MALIBU, Calif. — Sam Dower was perfect from the field and scored 18 points as Gonzaga bounced back from having its 22-game conference win streak snapped by routing Pepperdine in a West Coast Conference showdown, 70-53 Thursday night.
Dower converted all seven of his field-goal attempts and was 4 of 5 from the line with eight rebounds to lead the Bulldogs (15-3, 5-1 WCC). Kevin Pangos finished with 14 points for Gonzaga.
Pepperdine took a 10-5 lead on Amadi Udenui’s three-pointer early in the first half, but Kyle Dranginis gave the Zags the lead for good with a layup with 9:36 left to make it 20-18 and sparking a 21-3 run.
Stacy Davis was the lone player to score in double figures (12) for Pepperdine (11-8, 4-3).
- 1 killed, 5 injured in Snohomish Big Four Ice Caves collapse
- Starbucks prices here to rise 3.5 times as much as nationwide
- Seattle weather is an early peek at the future
- Subway suspends ties with spokesman Fogle after raid at home
- Get rid of single-family zoning? These conversations shouldn’t be secret
Most Read Stories
Gonzaga now has won 25 straight against the Waves and leads the all-time series 45-31.