Matt Santangelo played a key role in putting Gonzaga on the national college basketball landscape.
In his final two years at GU, he helped lead the Zags to back-to-back NCAA tournament appearances, including the Elite 8 in 1999 and the Sweet 16 in 2000.
Santangelo finished his career as the school’s all-time assist leader and currently ranks fourth in scoring.
After graduating, he played professional basketball in Europe for six seasons. He now lives in Spokane and works as a benefits consultant for an insurance brokerage house. He also is the color analyst on Gonzaga men’s basketball radio broadcasts, which are carried on 1510 KGA.
- The hidden homeless: families in the suburbs
- How the Seahawks got two first-round picks in the NFL draft
- Here are Seattle-area companies employees enjoy working at most
- Home prices charge ahead, driving some buyers farther afield
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
Most Read Stories
Santangelo answered questions about the No. 1 ranked Zags, his career in basketball and more in a live chat March 13 on seattletimes.com.