Matt Santangelo played a key role in putting Gonzaga on the national college basketball landscape.
In his final two years at GU, he helped lead the Zags to back-to-back NCAA tournament appearances, including the Elite 8 in 1999 and the Sweet 16 in 2000.
Santangelo finished his career as the school’s all-time assist leader and currently ranks fourth in scoring.
After graduating, he played professional basketball in Europe for six seasons. He now lives in Spokane and works as a benefits consultant for an insurance brokerage house. He also is the color analyst on Gonzaga men’s basketball radio broadcasts, which are carried on 1510 KGA.
- The latest on Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor's holdout
- Haggen sues Albertsons for $1 billion over big grocery deal
- A couple thoughts on Fred Jackson, Kam Chancellor and the Seahawks
- Seattle restaurant manager killed hiking in Alaska
- Report gives Seattle drivers worst marks yet; Bellevue isn't far behind
Most Read Stories
Santangelo answered questions about the No. 1 ranked Zags, his career in basketball and more in a live chat March 13 on seattletimes.com.