Matt Santangelo played a key role in putting Gonzaga on the national college basketball landscape.
In his final two years at GU, he helped lead the Zags to back-to-back NCAA tournament appearances, including the Elite 8 in 1999 and the Sweet 16 in 2000.
Santangelo finished his career as the school’s all-time assist leader and currently ranks fourth in scoring.
After graduating, he played professional basketball in Europe for six seasons. He now lives in Spokane and works as a benefits consultant for an insurance brokerage house. He also is the color analyst on Gonzaga men’s basketball radio broadcasts, which are carried on 1510 KGA.
- 4 Mount Rainier High teens charged in alleged gang rape on field trip
- Examining if the Seahawks would be a good fit for Matt Forte
- Manhole cover crashes into SUV's windshield, killing driver
- Woman’s throat cut in South Lake Union assault; man arrested
- 'Downton Abbey' star Brendan Coyle banned from driving
Most Read Stories
Santangelo answered questions about the No. 1 ranked Zags, his career in basketball and more in a live chat March 13 on seattletimes.com.