Matt Santangelo played a key role in putting Gonzaga on the national college basketball landscape.
In his final two years at GU, he helped lead the Zags to back-to-back NCAA tournament appearances, including the Elite 8 in 1999 and the Sweet 16 in 2000.
Santangelo finished his career as the school’s all-time assist leader and currently ranks fourth in scoring.
After graduating, he played professional basketball in Europe for six seasons. He now lives in Spokane and works as a benefits consultant for an insurance brokerage house. He also is the color analyst on Gonzaga men’s basketball radio broadcasts, which are carried on 1510 KGA.
- Amid drought, Rattlesnake Lake reveals its roots
- Probe of 777 engine’s explosive failure pinpoints its origin
- Lloyd McClendon’s status is at the top of the new Mariners GM’s list
- Seattle-area teen loved football, says grieving father
- SEC adds millions to developer’s alleged fraud in Seattle
Most Read Stories
Santangelo answered questions about the No. 1 ranked Zags, his career in basketball and more in a live chat March 13 on seattletimes.com.