Gonzaga redshirt junior center Kelly Olynyk was chosen the West Coast Conference Player of the Month for December. Olynyk averaged 18. 1 points per game...
Gonzaga redshirt junior center Kelly Olynyk was chosen the West Coast Conference Player of the Month for December.
Olynyk averaged 18.1 points per game last month, connecting on 70.8 percent of his field-goal attempts (51 for 62). He pulled down 6.4 rebounds per game, and shot 23 for 27 from the free-throw line as the Bulldogs posted a 6-1 record for the month.
The Zags moved up one spot to eighth in the Associated Press Top 25 and remained eighth in the USA Today balloting of coaches in the latest polls.
The Zags, off to their best start ever at 16-1, are 3-0 in the WCC heading into a Thursday game at Portland. Gonzaga will play its final nonconference game of the season Saturday at legendary Hinkle Fieldhouse in Indianapolis against Butler.
- WWU cancels classes Tuesday after racial threats on social media
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Seahawks re-sign Bryce Brown in Marshawn Lynch’s absence
- Report: Seahawks’ Marshawn Lynch has surgery Wednesday, could be back by late December
- Like Marshawn Lynch, Seahawks’ Thomas Rawls craves contact
Most Read Stories
• College Sports Madness has announced its Western Athletic Conference preseason all-conference softball teams, and four Seattle University players were selected. Bubba Morrow and Sarah Petosa were named to the first team and Lisa Maulden and Brianna Guerrero were named to the second team.
• Whitworth moved up one more spot to fourth in the D3hoops.com top-25 poll.
• Western Washington’s Alex Donigian has been named the Red Lion/Great Northwest Athletic Conference indoor track and field athlete of the week.
Compiled from sports-information departments and other sources.