LAS VEGAS — Sonja Greinacher scored 22 points as No. 21 Gonzaga, top-seeded in the West Coast Conference, easily handled eighth-seeded San Francisco 81-68 in a WCC tournament quarterfinal Friday.
Jazmine Redmon scored 18, Lindsay Sherbert had 17, Haiden Palmer 13 and Shelby Cheslek 10 points and 10 boards as Gonzaga (27-4) shot 50 percent from the floor.
Gonzaga used a 15-4 run early in the first half, including a pair of three-pointers by Redmon. The Zags led 38-27 at the break.
Gonzaga led by as much as 18 early in the second half. San Francisco (12-19) cut its deficit to nine after a Taj Winston layup and Taylor Proctor three-pointer with 6:28 to go, but the Bulldogs responded with a 7-0 run.
- Beloved Mama's Mexican Kitchen in Belltown to close
- Washington officer shoots men accused of earlier beer theft
- Paul Allen's First & Goal signs letter expressing concerns over Sodo arena
- Seattle no longer America's fastest-growing big city
- West Seattle couple leaves all their assets -- $847,215 -- to Uncle Sam
Most Read Stories
Proctor scored 28 points to lead San Francisco. Winston finished with 15 points and seven rebounds.