LAS VEGAS — Sonja Greinacher scored 22 points as No. 21 Gonzaga, top-seeded in the West Coast Conference, easily handled eighth-seeded San Francisco 81-68 in a WCC tournament quarterfinal Friday.
Jazmine Redmon scored 18, Lindsay Sherbert had 17, Haiden Palmer 13 and Shelby Cheslek 10 points and 10 boards as Gonzaga (27-4) shot 50 percent from the floor.
Gonzaga used a 15-4 run early in the first half, including a pair of three-pointers by Redmon. The Zags led 38-27 at the break.
Gonzaga led by as much as 18 early in the second half. San Francisco (12-19) cut its deficit to nine after a Taj Winston layup and Taylor Proctor three-pointer with 6:28 to go, but the Bulldogs responded with a 7-0 run.
- Pursuit of big-money contract comes at a cost for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson
- Seattle man charged with vehicular homicide in cyclist’s death
- Paying the bill for U.S. Open at Chambers Bay
- ‘Historic’ tuition cut sets state apart from rest of U.S.
- As Puget Sound sweats, few air conditioners are cooling us down
Most Read Stories
Proctor scored 28 points to lead San Francisco. Winston finished with 15 points and seven rebounds.