SPOKANE – Junior Sunny Greinacher scored a career-high 24 points as the 22nd-ranked Gonzaga women’s team held on to beat Pacific 81-77 on Saturday to close the regular season.
Greinacher was 8 of 15 from the field and 8 for 11 on free throws.
Lindsay Sherbert added 18 points and Haiden Palmer had 17 for the Zags (26-4 overall, 16-2 West Coast Conference), who wrapped up their 10th straight WCC title in their previous game.
Gonzaga was 16-0 at McCarthey Athletic Center, the third time the team has had a perfect home season since the arena opened in 2004.
- Costco delays credit-card switch
- Band's frontman: No Super Bowl halftime show for Metallica
- WSDOT chief ousted by Senate Republicans after 3 years on job
- Driver arrested after I-90 crash that killed 2
- Seahawks’ Coleman going 60, didn’t brake before crash, police say
Most Read Stories
KiKi Moore of Pacific (17-11, 12-6) matched her career high of 33 points. The Tigers, who led 53-51 with 12:28 to play, had won their previous six games.
Gonzaga had a 50-34 rebounding advantage.