Gary Bell Jr. had 18 points, Elias Harris added 17 points and 10 rebounds and Gonzaga beat Portland 74-62 Thursday night for its 18th straight...
PORTLAND — Gary Bell Jr. had 18 points, Elias Harris added 17 points and 10 rebounds and Gonzaga beat Portland 74-62 Thursday night for its 18th straight win in the series.
Robert Sacre added 16 points on 5 of 5 shooting for the Bulldogs (17-3, 7-1 West Coast), who won their fourth straight game. Kevin Pangos had 12 points.
Ryan Nicholas had all 13 of his points and eight of his 10 rebounds in the first half for the Pilots (5-16, 2-6), who have lost five in a row. Tim Douglas added 11 points and Derrick Rodgers nine.
Gonzaga came out sizzling in the second half, making 15 of 22 shots from the field and 18 of 20 free throws.
- Black Lives Matter protesters march, have sit-ins in Seattle
- Game thread: Huskies dominate Cougars in Apple Cup
- Swarming defense, Myles Gaskin helps UW rout WSU in Apple Cup
- For UW Huskies, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough
- Teardown town: 1,500 small houses replaced by giants since 2012