The Gonzaga men’s basketball team will face Dayton in the nightcap of the championship round of the EA Sports Maui Invitational Nov. 25 at the Lahaina Civic Center in Maui, in pairings announced Wednesday.
The Bulldogs and Flyers will be meeting for the first time when they play at 9 p.m. Pacific on ESPN2. Gonzaga is in the same half of the bracket as host Chaminade, which will face Baylor at 6:30 p.m.
• Jennifer Ha of Calgary, Alberta, defeated No. 1 seed Kendall Prince of Corvallis, Ore., 7 and 6, in the Round of 16 at the Pacific Northwest Women’s Amateur at Wine Valley Golf Club in Walla Walla.
- Black Lives Matter protesters march, have sit-ins in Seattle
- Game thread: Huskies dominate Cougars in Apple Cup
- For UW, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough
- Swarming defense, Myles Gaskin helps UW rout WSU in Apple Cup
- Teardown town: 1,500 small houses replaced by giants since 2012
Most Read Stories
Quarterfinal and semifinal matches will be played Thursday.
Other notables advancing through Wednesday’s rounds are defending champion Chessey Thomas of Spokane; Monica Vaughn of Reedsport, Ore., who won her second Oregon high-school title; Jordan Ferreira of University Place, the defending PNGA Junior Girls’ champion; and Caroline Inglis of Eugene, Ore., who was a three-time Oregon high-school state champion now playing for Oregon.
• The Everett Silvertips announced the return of assistant coach Mark LeRose and goaltending coach Shane Clifford, both of whom are back to reprise the same roles they previously held within the organization.
• Former Central Washington basketball standout Drew Harris has been named the new top assistant to Central Washington men’s coach Greg Sparling.
“Drew has always wanted to be a college coach and this is a great opportunity for him,” Sparling said. “His experience as a successful point guard and coach in the GNAC [Great Northwest Athletic Conference] should pay immediate dividends for our program.”
From sports-information reports and other sources.