Player of the game: Kevin Pangos, the Zag guard troubled most of the season with turf toe, came alive in the second half with 19 of his 26 points and was strong with the ball against Oklahoma State’s full-court pressure.
Key to the game: Gonzaga wanted to play inside-out on offense — look first to the post, then the perimeter — and did so successfully, shooting an even 50 percent. Meanwhile, they did enough to limit the guard-oriented Cowboys, who shot 40 percent.
Turning point: With Gonzaga leading 53-50, GU called time out and set up a play for Gary Bell Jr., who drained a three from on top seven seconds later. On OSU’s next possession, Kevin Pangos stole the ball and drove for a layup, and Gonzaga nursed the eight-point lead to the finish.
Quote: “They have a lot of weapons. A lot of weapons.” — OSU coach Travis Ford, on the Zags.
- Expect traffic delays when Obama visits Seattle Friday afternoon
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Win over USC puts UW’s coaching upgrade (Chris Petersen over Steve Sarkisian) on full display
- Lloyd McClendon will not return as Mariners' manager
- Even in death, 'Up' house owner Edith Macefield remains a mystery
Most Read Stories