SPOKANE — Domantas Sabonis, the son of former Soviet National Team and Portland Trail Blazers great Arvydas Sabonis, has signed a letter of intent to play basketball at Gonzaga.
The 6-foot-10, 210-pound 17-year-old currently is playing with the Unicaja Málaga senior team in Spain. In the 2013 FIBA U-18 European tournament, he averaged 14.0 points for Lithuania.
• Brett Kingma, who has been part of the basketball programs at Oregon and Washington State, signed a scholarship offer to play for Western Washington.
- Donate to a charity? IRS sets rules for taking deductions
- 4 Mount Rainier High teens charged in alleged gang rape on field trip
- How opera, QVC and his ‘Dirty Jobs’ gig prepared Mike Rowe for the Seattle stage
- Justice Antonin Scalia dead at 79
- City brushed off feasibility of NHL, NBA at KeyArena
Most Read Stories
• Trevor Mitsui had three hits and drove in the go-ahead run with a single in the eighth as visiting Washington (26-7-1, 13-3 Pac-12) was a 4-3 baseball winner over California (15-18, 4-9).
• Oregon improved to 29-10 (8-5 Pac-12) with an 11-1 baseball victory over visiting Washington State (17-17, 7-6).
• Seattle University dropped to 16-16 (6-4 WAC) after suffering a 7-4 baseball defeat at New Mexico State (14-19, 6-4).
• Rain forced the postponement of key events Thursday. Host Washington and Arizona State will now play a softball doubleheader Friday at 2 p.m. The host Tacoma Rainiers and Salt Lake will play a PCL doubleheader at 6 p.m. Friday.
From sports-information reports.