Gonzaga game at a glance
Player of the game
Playing 40 minutes, Ohio State guard Aaron Craft had 17 points and 10 assists and helped hold Gonzaga’s Kevin Pangos to a 3-for-13 shooting day.
Key to the game
While OSU All-American Jared Sullinger had a relatively understated day — 18 points and four rebounds — other Buckeyes, including Craft and forward Deshaun Thomas (17 points), stepped up.
Most Read Stories
- Swastika-wearing man punched on Seattle street, removes swastika, police say
- 'Polite Robber' suspect told similar sob story when arrested 8 years ago
- Pete Carroll on Seahawks offense: 'There will be some things that will be a little bit different this week' WATCH
- In Seattle mayoral race between Jenny Durkan and Cary Moon, it’s the same old sexist nonsense | Nicole Brodeur
- U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions sips a 'Nuke Waste' during low-key visit to Kitsap
Sullinger hit two short-range shots starting at the 3:36 mark, as the Buckeyes broke from a 61-all tie, and at the other end, they held Gonzaga scoreless on five consecutive possessions.
Quote of the day
“They have a variety of guys. It isn’t just Sullinger, I can tell you that. They’ve got some guys that can really make some shots.” — Gonzaga coach Mark Few, on Ohio State’s balance.