Dale Brandt-Richards of Sydney, Australia followed an impressive first round 6-under 64 with a 3-under 67 for a 131 to claim medalist honors in the stroke play qualifying rounds of the Pacific Northwest Men’s Amateur championship at Palouse Ridge Golf Club in Pullman.
Brandt-Richards will be the number one seed heading into match play Tuesday.
Brandt-Richards made just one bogey on the par-70, 7,154-yard course in his first two rounds. He made a six on the par-5 10th hole, his first hole of the championship, and managed to birdie six of the next 10 holes.
Frank Garber of Kirkland and Hans Reimers of Lake Oswego, Ore., were tied for second, two strokes back at 133.
- School board rebukes Bellevue football program; possible two-year ban for coach Butch Goncharoff
- How the Seahawks got two first-round picks in the NFL draft
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
- The hidden homeless: families in the suburbs
Most Read Stories
• Junior quarterback Vernon Adams Jr. and sophomore wide receiver Cooper Kupp are on the initial Watch List for the Walter Payton Award, given to the top player in the Football Championship Subdivision. Adams was the 2013 runner-up for the Payton Award.
From sports-information reports.