PROVO, Utah — Jennifer Hamson scored 18 of her 20 points in the second half and Lexi Eaton had 15 points and 10 rebounds as Brigham Young ended Gonzaga’s 13-game winning streak with a 62-52 victory Saturday.
Morgan Bailey scored 14 points for the Cougars (21-5, 11-4 West Coast Conference), who trailed 33-27 at the half but shot 43 percent in the second half while Gonzaga shot just 15.4 percent (6 of 39).
Jazmine Redmon of Mead High had 15 points for the Bulldogs (23-4, 13-2), who could have clinched a 10th straight league title.
Gonzaga had 23 offensive rebounds but couldn’t take advantage. The 6-foot-7 Hamson was 10 of 12 from the line in the second half. She also had eight overall rebounds and seven blocks.
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- More pet-food recalls linked to potential salmonella contamination
- Seahawks sign four-year extension with linebacker Bobby Wagner worth a reported $43 million
- Impressions from Day Three of Seahawks' training camp --- Christine Michael, the center position, Tyler Lockett, and more
- After signing $43 million contract, Bobby Wagner admits he didn’t expect Seattle to draft him