ESPN and Sports Illustrated have ranked the 14-0 Wolverines No. 1 in the nation among high-school football teams.
Bellevue’s football team moved into the top spot in national polls produced by ESPN and Sports Illustrated on Monday.
The Wolverines, who finished their 14-0 season with a 35-3 win against Eastside Catholic for the Class 3A state championship, were ranked second heading into last week. But Manatee from Bradenton, Fla., the team ranked No. 1 in both ESPN and SI’s poll, lost in the Florida Class 7A semifinals on Friday.
The Wolverines’ ranking isn’t set in stone yet: three of the top five teams in the ESPN and Sports Illustrated polls are still playing.
Bellevue is ranked fourth in Max Preps’ national poll.
- 4 Mount Rainier High teens charged in alleged gang rape on field trip
- Examining if the Seahawks would be a good fit for Matt Forte
- Woman’s throat cut in South Lake Union assault; man arrested
- Manhole cover crashes into SUV's windshield, killing driver
- How opera, QVC and his ‘Dirty Jobs’ gig prepared Mike Rowe for the Seattle stage