ESPN and Sports Illustrated have ranked the 14-0 Wolverines No. 1 in the nation among high-school football teams.
Bellevue’s football team moved into the top spot in national polls produced by ESPN and Sports Illustrated on Monday.
The Wolverines, who finished their 14-0 season with a 35-3 win against Eastside Catholic for the Class 3A state championship, were ranked second heading into last week. But Manatee from Bradenton, Fla., the team ranked No. 1 in both ESPN and SI’s poll, lost in the Florida Class 7A semifinals on Friday.
The Wolverines’ ranking isn’t set in stone yet: three of the top five teams in the ESPN and Sports Illustrated polls are still playing.
Bellevue is ranked fourth in Max Preps’ national poll.
- Turkey’s president, Putin hurl insults after plane downed
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Seattle sushi fans, rejoice: Shiro's new place is open
- UW fires women’s crew coach Bob Ernst
- 2015 Apple Cup might be the start of something big for UW Huskies, WSU Cougars