ESPN and Sports Illustrated have ranked the 14-0 Wolverines No. 1 in the nation among high-school football teams.
Bellevue’s football team moved into the top spot in national polls produced by ESPN and Sports Illustrated on Monday.
The Wolverines, who finished their 14-0 season with a 35-3 win against Eastside Catholic for the Class 3A state championship, were ranked second heading into last week. But Manatee from Bradenton, Fla., the team ranked No. 1 in both ESPN and SI’s poll, lost in the Florida Class 7A semifinals on Friday.
The Wolverines’ ranking isn’t set in stone yet: three of the top five teams in the ESPN and Sports Illustrated polls are still playing.
Bellevue is ranked fourth in Max Preps’ national poll.
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
- Kirkland hunter defends acquaintance who killed treasured lion Cecil
- Seattle baby names: We’re trying harder to stand out
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor considering training-camp holdout, source says
- Wing part that may be from missing Malaysian plane to be sent to France