Washington junior Jennifer Yang of Coquitlam, B.C., shot a 5-under-par 67 to win medalist honors in sectional qualifying for the U.S. Women’s Amateur Public Links championship at The Home Course in DuPont.
Along with Yang, seven other players advanced from the qualifier, earning spots in the championships July 14-19 at The Home Course.
The other players to qualify are Eimi Koga of Honolulu, a freshman at UW; Marianne Li of Bellevue, who was the runner-up in the 2012 Pacific Northwest Junior Girls Amateur; Jacqueline Bendrick of Mercer Island; Monica Vaughn of Reedsport, Ore., a freshman at Arizona State; Alexis Keating of Elma; Kendall Gray of Federal Way, the reigning Pacific Northwest Junior Girls’ champion; and Central Kitsap senior Katie Lee of Silverdale, who competed in the championship last year after earning medalist honors at the sectional qualifier.
- Warren Moon on Marshawn Lynch: "He just doesn't trust a lot of people''
- After ditching Amex, Costco embraces Citi, Visa
- Washington basketball great Christian Welp dies at 51
- Mumford & Sons, Foo Fighters, coming to big Walla Walla fest
- UW great Christian Welp died at vacation home near Hood Canal, friend says
Most Read Stories
• Bobby Sours, Rachel Jackson, Libby Ramsey and Leslie Folsom advanced in the Championship Flight of the Seattle Women’s Golf Association City Championship at Inglewood Golf Club in Kenmore.
• Northwest University’s Michael Greene of Bellingham has been named the Cascade Collegiate Conference’s Scholar Athlete of the Year. A team captain and starter for the Eagle men’s basketball team, Greene has a 3.9 GPA throughout his collegiate career, including graduate school.
• The Seattle Thunderbirds’ home opener for the 2014-15 season is Saturday, Sept. 20, against the Everett Silvertips at 7:05 p.m. at ShoWare Center in Kent. The T-birds defeated the Silvertips 4-1 in a best-of-seven series in the first round of the 2014 playoffs.
From sports-information reports.