SPOKANE — For many players in the last few groups and the galleries following them on the lush fairways at MeadowWood, the Rosauers Open Invitational appeared to be heading to a fabulous finish.
Turns out the fabulous stuff was authored earlier by Tim Feenstra, an assistant pro at Seattle’s Broadmoor Golf Club.
He started in 20th and finished a sizzling 11-under 61 before the final group putted out on No. 18. Feenstra equaled Corey Prugh’s four-day-old course record and won by two shots with a 54-hole total of 16-under 200.
Richland amateur Drew McCullough took second at 14 under. David Phay (69) shared third at 12 under with former Husky Prugh (68), Glendale Country Club’s Scott Williams (67) and Tacoma’s Mitch Runge (64).
- Black Sabbath calls it a night at the Tacoma Dome — for good
- Seahawks' Marshawn Lynch announces retirement in his own, unique fashion
- Seahawks star Marshawn Lynch's tweet during Super Bowl appears to announce retirement
- Costco delays credit-card switch
- Police question man in bizarre Bellevue hit-and-run incident