SPOKANE — For many players in the last few groups and the galleries following them on the lush fairways at MeadowWood, the Rosauers Open Invitational appeared to be heading to a fabulous finish.
Turns out the fabulous stuff was authored earlier by Tim Feenstra, an assistant pro at Seattle’s Broadmoor Golf Club.
He started in 20th and finished a sizzling 11-under 61 before the final group putted out on No. 18. Feenstra equaled Corey Prugh’s four-day-old course record and won by two shots with a 54-hole total of 16-under 200.
Richland amateur Drew McCullough took second at 14 under. David Phay (69) shared third at 12 under with former Husky Prugh (68), Glendale Country Club’s Scott Williams (67) and Tacoma’s Mitch Runge (64).
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Trump, Clinton win Washington state primary
- Power restored after major, hour-long outage in downtown Seattle
- Reed brother led detectives to bodies believed to be Arlington couple
- Boeing plans hundreds of layoffs in local IT unit