SPOKANE — For many players in the last few groups and the galleries following them on the lush fairways at MeadowWood, the Rosauers Open Invitational appeared to be heading to a fabulous finish.
Turns out the fabulous stuff was authored earlier by Tim Feenstra, an assistant pro at Seattle’s Broadmoor Golf Club.
He started in 20th and finished a sizzling 11-under 61 before the final group putted out on No. 18. Feenstra equaled Corey Prugh’s four-day-old course record and won by two shots with a 54-hole total of 16-under 200.
Richland amateur Drew McCullough took second at 14 under. David Phay (69) shared third at 12 under with former Husky Prugh (68), Glendale Country Club’s Scott Williams (67) and Tacoma’s Mitch Runge (64).
- Could Chris Polk be a fit for the Seahawks?
- Jesse Jones is back: Seattle's superhero consumer reporter is now at KIRO 7
- Nathan Hale High School juniors boycott state test
- This USB cable finally could be connector for long haul
- Scientists to study the 'modern miracle' of Ozzy Osbourne's survival