The annual “Rumble at the Ridge” featuring former Seattle athletes kicks off Boeing Classic tournament week Monday at TPC Snoqualmie Ridge.
Athletes are paired with recreational golfers who pay to participate in the charity event that benefits health programs at Virginia Mason Medical Center and A Better Seattle, the Seahawks’ organization to reduce gang and youth violence.
The event, which begins with a shotgun start at 8:30 a.m., is free for spectators.
Among the more than two dozen athletes scheduled to participate this year are former Seahawk quarterbacks Jim Zorn and Dave Krieg, ex-Sonics Slick Watts and Gus Johnson, former NFL wide receiver Lynn Swann, ex-M’s pitcher Bill Krueger and ex-Sounders Kasey Keller and Roger Levesque.
- 2 killed, thousands lose power in Seattle-area windstorm
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik
- Now comes the hard part for the Mariners: Hiring Jack Zduriencik’s replacement
- Wet weekend ahead, with high winds and heavy rain expected
- Jack Zduriencik’s M’s legacy: More than 3 dozen departed managers, coaches, scouts, staffers
Most Read Stories
ESPN’s Kenny Mayne also is scheduled to play.
Pacific LL plays Pearland, Texas
Pacific Little League of Lynnwood and Edmonds will try to stay alive in the World Series in Williamsport, Pa., when it plays Pearland, Texas at noon in loser-out game.
Pearland lost 7-6 to Philadelphia on Sunday night. Pearland was one strike from winning, but a triple tied the score and the winning run scored on an error.
Freelancer Craig Smith and other reports