Sam Warkentin of Bainbridge Island defeated Sean Yi of Auburn 4 and 3 Friday to win the 60th Pacific Northwest Junior Boys Amateur Championship at Emerald Valley Golf & Resort in Creswell, Ore.
Warkentin played the first 18 holes at 3 under par to grab a 6 up lead. Warkentin closed out the match on the 33rd hole.
“It’s been a great week,” Warkentin said. “To be able to come out on top of a field with this many great players is pretty humbling.”
- The latest on Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor's holdout
- Seattle restaurant manager killed hiking in Alaska
- Haggen sues Albertsons for $1 billion over big grocery deal
- Report gives Seattle drivers worst marks yet; Bellevue isn't far behind
- Seahawks trade Kevin Norwood, make other moves to get roster to 75
Most Read Stories
The Washington men’s soccer team is ranked No. 6 in the College Soccer News Top 30 preseason poll. UCLA is No. 4, California No. 10 and Stanford No. 14.
Trackattacker, who has won his first two starts by a combined 20 lengths, is the overwhelming favorite to win Saturday’s $50,000 W.T.B.O.A Lads stakes at 6½ furlongs at Emerald Downs. Trackattacker is the 1-9 morning-line favorite in the field of five 2-year-old colts and geldings after winning the Emerald Express Handicap by 11 lengths last month.
From sports-information reports