NORTON, Mass. — Ryan Palmer overcame a rocky start for a 71 Saturday and Jason Day struggled at the end for a 68 to share the lead at 8-under 134 in the Deutsche Bank Championship.
Kevin Chappell (73) of Kirkland and Michael Putnam (70) of University Place were at 1-under 141, tied for 33rd. Ryan Moore of Puyallup (71) is tied for 50th.
• Colt Knost shot his third consecutive 5-under 67 to take a one-stroke lead in the Hotel Fitness Championship, a Web.com Tour Finals stop in Fort Wayne, Ind. Alex Prugh, a former Husky, had a 70 and is tied for 18th at 8-under 208. Andres Gonzales of Olympia had a 72 and is at 7 under, tied for 21st. Tied for 26th at 6 under were University Place’s Andrew Putnam (67), Gig Harbor’s Kyle Stanley (68) and former Husky Nick Taylor (71). Another former Husky, Richard H. Lee, had a 73, tied for 59th at 1 under.
- Husky guide on UW cheerleading tryouts goes global
- CEO makes fiery emails about Muslims part of the workday
- Oh smack: Garbage truck hits Alaskan Way Viaduct
- Look like this, not that: UW pulls cheerleader-tryout advice after angry backlash
- Seahawks’ selection of Germain Ifedi in NFL draft has makings of a great fit
Most Read Stories
• Bob Tway shot a 7-under 63 for a share of the second-round lead at 10-under 130 with Joe Durant (68) and Joe Daley (68) in the Champions Tour’s Shaw Charity Classic in Calgary, Alberta. Seattle native Fred Couples had a 66 and is tied for 16th at 6-under 134. Pullman High graduate Kirk Triplett had a 71 and is tied for 51st at 1 under. Jeff Coston, a teaching pro from Blaine, had a 71 and is tied for 58th at even par.
• Suzann Pettersen (67), Mi Jung Hur (70) and Carlota Ciganda (70) are tied at 11-under 205 at the LPGA’s Portland Classic at Columbia-Edgewater.