Puyallup native Ryan Moore is in the middle of his ninth year on the PGA tour.
During his decorated amateur career, he won the 2001 Washington high school state championship, the 2002 & 2004 U.S. Amateur Public Links, the 2004 U.S. Amateur, the 2004 Western Amateur and the 2004 NCAA championship while attending UNLV.
Moore turned pro in 2005 after winning the Haskins Award (given to the nation’s outstanding collegiate golfer) and winning low amateur at the Masters. He has claimed two PGA victories.
Next week, he will host the inaugural Ryan Moore Junior Championship, July 1-4. at the RMG Club at Oakbrook in Lakewood.
- WSU study: 'Exploding head syndrome' more common than once thought
- McMorris Rodgers should ask hometown folks about Obamacare
- Oregon Zoo elephant Rama euthanized; loved to paint
- Seattle congestion: We're No. 5
- Ivar's to raise restaurant workers' wages to $15 right away
Most Read Stories
Moore answered questions about his playing career, his AJGA tournament and more in a live chat June 28 on seattletimes.com.