Puyallup native Ryan Moore is in the middle of his ninth year on the PGA tour.
During his decorated amateur career, he won the 2001 Washington high school state championship, the 2002 & 2004 U.S. Amateur Public Links, the 2004 U.S. Amateur, the 2004 Western Amateur and the 2004 NCAA championship while attending UNLV.
Moore turned pro in 2005 after winning the Haskins Award (given to the nation’s outstanding collegiate golfer) and winning low amateur at the Masters. He has claimed two PGA victories.
Next week, he will host the inaugural Ryan Moore Junior Championship, July 1-4. at the RMG Club at Oakbrook in Lakewood.
- Husky guide on UW cheerleading tryouts goes global
- CEO makes fiery emails about Muslims part of the workday
- Look like this, not that: UW pulls cheerleader-tryout advice after angry backlash
- Oh smack: Garbage truck hits Alaskan Way Viaduct
- Seahawks’ selection of Germain Ifedi in NFL draft has makings of a great fit
Most Read Stories
Moore answered questions about his playing career, his AJGA tournament and more in a live chat June 28 on seattletimes.com.