Charles Kern of Mercer Island shot a 4-under-par 68 to take medalist honors in leading the field at the Sahalee Players Championship qualifier Monday at The Home Course in DuPont.
Kern was one stroke ahead of Kirkland’s Jake McRoberts. Spencer Weiss of Sammamish shot 70 and was the final qualifier to play in the 21st Sahalee Players Championship at Sahalee Country Club June 30-July 2.
•Jae Hoon (Ian) Kim of Surrey, B.C. shot rounds of 70-77 in a qualifier at Manito Golf & Country Club in Spokane to earn the one available spot to play in the U.S. Junior Amateur Championship July 21-26 at The Club at Carlton Woods in The Woodlands, Texas.
- For UW, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough
- Bill Gates to commit billions for clean energy
- Black Friday protesters decry materialism, racism, violence
- Holiday and Independence Bowls are potential destinations for UW and WSU
- The story of one homeless girl, Brittany, who was failed time and again
Most Read Stories
From sports-information reports.