Charles Kern of Mercer Island shot a 4-under-par 68 to take medalist honors in leading the field at the Sahalee Players Championship qualifier Monday at The Home Course in DuPont.
Kern was one stroke ahead of Kirkland’s Jake McRoberts. Spencer Weiss of Sammamish shot 70 and was the final qualifier to play in the 21st Sahalee Players Championship at Sahalee Country Club June 30-July 2.
•Jae Hoon (Ian) Kim of Surrey, B.C. shot rounds of 70-77 in a qualifier at Manito Golf & Country Club in Spokane to earn the one available spot to play in the U.S. Junior Amateur Championship July 21-26 at The Club at Carlton Woods in The Woodlands, Texas.
- Win over USC puts UW’s coaching upgrade (Chris Petersen over Steve Sarkisian) on full display
- Lloyd McClendon will not return as Mariners' manager
- Expect traffic delays when Obama visits Seattle Friday afternoon
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Obama visits Seattle for fundraisers; traffic not as bad as expected
Most Read Stories
From sports-information reports.